Recycling your old or broken crayons into new and fun shapes can make everyone’s HOT summer day a bit more exciting! Here is how to do it!
- Unwrap all broken crayons
- Place unwrapped crayons into a plastic zip lock bag
- Hammer the pieces into chunks (the kids loved this part)
- Place pieces into desired combinations into mini muffin tins (here you can get creative by using different shapes, imagine stars, animals, numbers, letters etc.).
- Bake at 150degrees for 10 min (I used a toaster oven. A larger oven may take more time to melt crayon pieces).
- Take out the melted crayons from tin after all is cooled. You can even throw the entire thing into the freezer and they will just pop right out!