I made these hats for little Ella’s 5th birthday tea party. These party hats can be as sophisticated or as silly as you like, depending on the colors and patterns of paper you use. Whatever occasion your hats are destined for, sturdy ribbon chin ties will keep them in place until the fun is over.
Tools and Materials Decorative paper Sheets of double-sided adhesive and liquid glue Pencil
Party Hat pattern Scissors Hole Punch
How to make it:
Note: Finished cut-out size is roughly 12″ tip to tip and 7″ tall.
- Print out the pattern or eyeball it like I did!
- Trace the pattern on decorative paper, flip the hat over on the fold line and trace the rest of the hat. (The full pattern will fit on one 12×12 piece of paper.)
- Cut out the hat.
- Curve your hat into a cone shape. Tape closed.
- Punch 2 holes to the side of the hat.
- Adhere hole punch protectors on inside
- attach ribbon to each side
- Glued boa feathers to top of each hat.